I decided to try joining the Foodie Penpal Experience during the month of July. See bottom of post for more details.
My foodie penpal for July is Caitlin over at CaitPlusAte.com
She was extremely nice and I enjoyed talking to her via email.
Items I received:
1. Wild Harvest Natural Cherry Vanilla Granola Cereal. I’m in love, did I say I was in love. This cereal is seriously AWESOME!!! It took me a couple days to eat the entire box. It was so addicting.
2. A Lovely note
3. Organic Apple Harvest Crunch Dried Fruit. Kids loved i t.
4. Wild Harvest Creamy Peanut Butter. Mmmm peanut butterrrr
5. Wild Harvest California Raisins. Will put these to use.
6. Wild Harvest organic Animal Crackers. GONE in 2 days
7. Three Barre bars – black swan chocolate berry, pirouette cinnamon pecan, and ballerina spirulina
8. Marys Gone double Chocolate cookie
9. ThinkThin Crunch Fruit and nut bar
All the cookies and bars were delightful. My favorites were the ThinkThin Crunch Fruit and Nut Bar and the Pirouette Cinnamon Pecan bar.
Below is all the information details about the Foodie Penpals.
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for August, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.